The rosemary is a taste sensation in this lemon and honey cake. Macadamia oil and ground almonds add a humble nutty flavour to the cake and help keep it moist yet light.
- We baked the cake in Le Creuset springform pan
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold through sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the honey glaze. In a saucepan over a medium heat bring the honey, rum and lemon juice to a gentle simmer. Give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s hot. Remove from the tin once cool and dot with some rosemary sprigs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!