Perfect for weeknights dinner, this Vietnamese caramel pork recipe is great. It is super easy and quick to make, budget friendly and tastes amazing! Serve with cut tomatoes & cucumber like the street food cooks do. Fun!
- 500 g pork mince
- 2 tbsp Olivado extra virgin peanut oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 portions steamed Jasmine rice
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 red chilli sliced
- ¼ cup FreshLife natural peanuts lightly toasted and crushed
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chili for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork mince and fry, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until all the meat changes colour.
- Sprinkle the sugar and fish sauce over the pork. Stir a few times, then leave to cook until most of the juices evaporate and the mince starts to caramelise. Stir and leave to cook again. Repeat the process for a few minutes until the pork is caramelised all over.
- Serve on steamed jasmine rice topped with tomato, cucumber, spring onions, chilli and peanuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!