These stuffing balls are so good you can serve them as a side to any dish!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Transfer the onion in a bowl to cool, then mix in the lemon zest, sage, and breadcrumbs. Season, add the egg and combine well. If the mixture is too dry, add a little milk.
- Make 12 bite-size balls and wrap each ball with a sage leaf, a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the stuffing balls on a small baking dish and roast for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!