Black Forest Banana Peel Smoothie
There aren’t many better ways to start the day than with a Black Forest Smoothie. Chocolate, berries and banana (skin and all) are combined to make one deliciously thick, creamy and healthy smoothie.
I’ve snuck in banana peel here to add the extra nutrients of vitamin B6 and B12, as well as magnesium and potassium. Just make sure the bananas are washed and super ripe resulting in a sweeter flavour. We’ve used almond milk for a vegan option but feel free to use regular or even coconut water or milk.
- 2 medium Dole bananas, washed, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (we use Orchard Gold)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups almond milk (we love Almond Breeze)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey (we use Mother Earth)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or smoothie maker and blitz in high-speed until completely smooth.
- Divide mixture between 2 glasses and top with extra banana if you wish.
Recipe created by Gretchen Lowe from My Weekend Table for Dole NZ