Completos are a popular street food in Chile. Chileans have elevated the simple hotdog to include fresh avocado and pico de gallo. If you love spice feel free to add chillies to yours. We make ours with bacon wrapped sausages for extra yum!
- 2 NZ avocados scooped and mashed
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- dash of hot sauce optional
- salt to taste
Pico de gallo
- 1 lime in wedges
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Mix the avocado ingredients together. Season to taste
- For pico de gallo, mix onion with lime juice and salt. Leave to marinade.
- Drizzle bbq with oil. Cook the pigs in blankets on the barbecue as per packet instructions.
- Place hot dog rolls onto barbecue to warm.
- Mix remaining pico de gallo ingredients together. Season to taste.
- Load rolls with avocado, pico de gallo and pigs in blankets. Drizzle with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard (optional), and serve with lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!