We all love a loaded burger and this recipe will make Dad happy on his special day. Full of your classic kiwi burger ingredients and super quick to cook in the oven in 20 minutes. Serve with hand cut fries and a cold beer!
- 2 NZ Avocados scooped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the avocado smash: add all ingredients to a bowl and mash with a fork or spoon to a chunky consistency. Set aside.
- Place Angel Bay premium beef burger patties onto an oven tray. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Place the bacon rashers in a single layer on a tray. When the patties have 8 minutes cooking time remaining, add bacon to the oven.
- When the patties have 5 minutes cooking time remaining, place a slice of cheese over each pattie.
- Place the buns cut side up on a baking tray. Change the oven to grill. Cook buns for 2–5 minutes until just golden.
- To assemble: Place the lower burger buns on a large chopping board and load avocado smash on top. Add a lettuce leaf and pickles (if using). Top with cheesy burger pattie, two slices of bacon and a fried egg. Slather the relish on the top bun and place on top of the loaded burgers. Serve hot.
Tip: Alternative method, cook on the barbecue.
- Preheat the barbecue. Drizzle with oil.
- Fry the burger patties for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each and fry until melted. Yum.
- Fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crispy and cooked to your liking, then cut each into half.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up on the flat plate of the barbeque, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fry the burger buns until hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!