A simple but delicious mini treat recipe. These peanut buttercups are popular at kids' parties. You can use alternative nut butter for people with dietary requirements.
Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 ¼ cup milk chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Start off by lining 36 miniature muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the peanut butter, unsalted butter, and salt in a microwaveable bowl, and heat in the microwave for about one minute or just until soft, but not melted (check and stir the ingredients every 20 seconds).
- Stir in the sugar.
- Melt the chocolates and shortening in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Drop a teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each of the paper lined miniature muffin cups.
- Top with a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture.
- Then top with another teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!