Who needs to go out for takeaways when you can prepare your own crispy fish and chips in just a few minutes at home. This version includes a side salad, fresh herb sauce and is ready in 20 minutes. The perfect midweek meal for a hungry tribe.
- 1 pack 600g United Fish Co. New Zealand Tarakihi crumbed fillet
- 1 kg Lotatoes™
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Fresh green herb sauce
- 1 cup Superb Herb mixed fresh herbs roughly chopped (use chives, coriander, parsley and basil or a mix of your favourite herbs)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon grated zest and juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 bag ready-made slaw with dressing
- For the crumbed fish: Preheat airfryer to 200°C. Place the frozen fish in the basket, making sure you don’t overcrowd the basket. Cook for 16 minutes. Place the cooked crumbed fish on a paper towel lined tray and keep warm until serving.
- For the wedges : Cut the Lotatoes™ into wedges, place into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Drain, and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the wedges in a dry bowl and toss in olive oil, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in the airfryer basket (in batches) and cook 200°C for 12 minutes. Toss the wedges and continue to cook for a further 6 minutes to crisp them up. Transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
- For the herb sauce: Place all ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Assemble and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!