This elegant dark chocolate torte is the perfect treat for all chocolate lovers.
- 1 cup FreshLife almond Flour 100g
- 3 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 120 g dark chocolate chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml Tatua cooking cream
- 80 g dark chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Line or butter a 20cm round cake tin and dust with extra cocoa powder.
- Combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth in a microwave (10-20 seconds at a time) or on a stove over low heat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate mixture followed by the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until everything is just incorporated.
- Pour the torte batter in the prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out dry.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate ganache: Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream until hot and pour over the chocolate. Wait for the chocolate to melt and stir until the ganache is smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache all over the torte and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Leave the topping to firm up before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you like almond meal in baking just as much we we do, try these soft and chewy macaroons.