Pizza bases are super easy to make and they will fill the house with that delicious fresh bread smell. Mmmm, I've gone all Italiana aroma.
- 1 package dry yeast feel free to omit this if you like the thinner crust pizza
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- To the cup of warm water add the sugar and dry yeast. Let stand 10 to 14 minutes.
- Add the butter, salt and flour. Stir well, turn out and knead until dough is smooth and round. Fold down the edges of the circle if you'd like a lip (as shown in photo).
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place. Punch down and allow to rise again.
- Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness to fit pizza pan. Leave to rise again while you prepare the filling.
We have found you can get a better pizza crust if you partially bake the dough before adding the toppings. We use a pampered chef pizza stone so after rolling the dough out on it will put it in the oven at 200°C until it just starts to brown. Then take it out and add the toppings. Times will vary from oven to oven so it is best to just keep an eye on it for your own oven.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!