Super Easy Frittata
A scrumptious frittata with bread, veges, egg and cheese. So simple and ready in minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 8
- 4 slices of your favourite bread, crusts removed (we love Nature’s Fresh Wholegrain)
- 6 eggs, beaten (Woodlands Free Range)
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced (we love Meadow Mushrooms)
- 4 slices of champagne ham, sliced (we used Hellers)
- Handful of fresh chives (we love Superb Herb)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Line a quiche tin or square baking dish with 2 pieces of baking paper. Pre-heat your oven to 180. The dish should be large enough to have 4 slices of bread side by side, with small gaps in between.
- Place the 4 slices of bread (crusts removed) on the base of the dish. Set aside.
- Beat the 6 eggs and add the chopped capsicum, onion, sliced mushroom and ham pieces. Add the chives.
- Add the two cheeses and stir. Season as desired.
- Pour over the bread base and bake for 20 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- When cooked and slightly cooled, lift out the frittata by the baking paper and cut into quarters so the each quarter has a bread base. Then half those quarters into triangles. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.