- 12 x jars you can re-use old jam or olive jars
- 1 packet Diamond spaghetti 500g
- 5.5 kg tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
To sterilise the jars, choose one of the methods below:
- Run jars through the dishwasher, keep the door closed and do not remove till ready to use.
- Wash with hot soapy water and place into oven at 150C for 15 minutes. Remove using oven mitts.
- Wash with hot soapy water and place in a boiling water bath for 3-5 minutes. Remove with tongs.
- Wash the lids with soapy water, leave in a bowl with hot water till you are ready to use.
To make spaghetti in tomato sauce
- Roughly chop the onions.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into quarters. Place the tomatoes and onions into a food processor and blitz.
- Transfer the onion and tomato mixture to a large pot. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, bring to the boil.
- Fill a large pot with boiling water, add in the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato sauce. Cook for a further 30 minutes, stirring often as the pasta may stick to the bottom of the pot. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the warm jars from the dishwasher, oven or pot before using. Fill each jar to the top. Run a butter knife around the top of the jar to remove any bubbles and clean the top of the jar.
- Close the lid. Repeat till all jars have been filled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!