Honey Soy Salmon and Quinoa Salad
This fresh quinoa salad brings a new excitement to the dinner table, with rich honey soy salmon that pairs so well with creamy avocado and pops of mandarin; we can’t get enough!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Serves: 3-4
2 salmon fillets (250g) – boned and skinned
½ cup + ¼ cup honey soy marinade (we love Kikkoman)
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup torn baby spinach
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (we love Ruby’s)
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 mandarin, peeled and cut into half segments
1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
½ avocado – peeled and spiralled* (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- In a bowl, dress the salmon with ½ cup honey soy marinade and cover. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- In a non-stick pan, pan fry the salmon fillets for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, spring onion and mandarin segments. Season to taste.
- Flake in the salmon in chunks, the dress with then remaining sauce.
- Serve warm or cold alongside the spiralled avocado garnished with sesame seeds.
To sprial the avocado
Thinly slice lengthways and elongate into a long strip. Starting at one end, twirl the avocado to create a spiral shape.
Wine match – Ara Single Estate Pinot Noir.