Super fast to prepare and full of fresh summer goodness. Leftover Xmas ham will once again become the star component of the dish. Perfect for a leisurely al fresco lunch.
- 1 cup Superb Herb basil leaves & stems, 1 packed cup
- A handful Superb Herb mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup FreshLife macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ? cup Extra virgin macadamia nut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 4 large courgettes spiralised into zoodles
- ½ cup peas defrosted if frozen
- 300 g Farmland ham sliced thinly
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- Chilli flakes
- Superb Herb basil and mint to garnish
- Toast the macadamia nuts in a small dry skillet over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 2 tsp macadamia oil to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ham and fry for 2 minutes, until the edges are crispy. Set aside.
- Place basil, mint, garlic, macadamia nuts, lemon juice and parmesan in a food processor and process. Gradually add the oil while the motor is running. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place zoodles and peas. Pour over plenty of boiling water and cover for 1 minute, then drain well. Stir through the macadamia pesto.
- Arrange zoodles and ham on the individual plates, top with a dollop of crème fraîche, garnish with more herbs and chilli flakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!