Pesto pasta is a wonderful mid-week lunch or dinner meal. Elevate your pesto game by making our creamy almond and sage pesto. These simple flavours will make you feel like you’re dining in Italy.
- 500 g Diamond pasta tortiglioni
Almond and sage pesto
- 2 cups baby leaf spinach
- Superb Herb sage to serve
- grated parmesan to serve
- Cook the tortiglioni according to pack directions. Meanwhile make the pesto.
- In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat toast the almonds for 3-4 minutes.
- Add almonds and all remaining ingredients to a blender and pulse until chunky, adding oil as needed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain (reserve ½ cup of pasta water). In a large pot or frying pan over medium heat, mix pasta with pesto and reserved pasta water. Toss through spinach leaves. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and extra sage leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!