An impressive looking, but very easy to prepare salad. This lettuce salad is perfect to serve at your next barbecue party. Serve on a big platter for sharing — it’ll become your signature dish!
For the Honey Dijon yoghurt dressing
- ½ cup plain yogurt unsweetened
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp DYC apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium/high heat. Place slices of bacon in the pan, making sure they are not overlapping. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy, firm to touch and darker in colour. Transfer the cooked bacon to the paper towel-lined plate and let rest for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon in the paper towel. Set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce by removing the outer leaves, then cut into wedges. Cut the end to remove the stem. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the dressing : Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange the lettuce wedges on a large platter, drizzle with the dressing, then load with tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, the bacon crumb and the chives. Enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
For a simpler variation on this salad or to try a different dressing, check this recipe out!