Mushroom Stroganoff is a classic comfort dish easy and quick to make, also economical. Serve with plain pasta or fluffy rice to maake it a substantial weekday dinner.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Spoon two tablespoons of butter or oil into a deep-sided fry-pan, add the onion, fry for 2 minutes, add the garlic, stir for 1 more minute, then add mushrooms and fry till they are brown and starting to soften.
- Add stroganoff flavour base and required water as per packet instructions, stirring to combine with mushrooms.
- Remove pan from heat, add sour cream gradually, one tablespoon at a time, stirring until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Return to low heat, season well with salt and pepper and stir gently until heated through.
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestion
- Spoon mushroom stroganoff over al dente Diamond fettuccine pasta and top with a sprinkling of fresh Superb Herb flat-leaf parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!