This lean and mean chicken sandwich weekend brunch recipe is enhanced with Bürgen bread for a mouthwatering experience to fuel the day.
- 8 pieces Waitoa chicken tenders original
- 4 slices Bürgen Fabulous Fibre toast or Sensational Seeds bread
- Avocado oil infused with basil
- 4 Yolo emmental slices
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp relish of your choice
- ¼ iceberg lettuce shredded
- ½ small cucumber finely diced
- 8 Beekist Chef’s Selection tomatoes finely diced
- A handful of Superb Herb micro radish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place chicken tenders on a prepared tray and cook for approximately 20–25 minutes, turning once.
- Lay Bürgen slices on a tray, drizzle with oil and top with cheese.
- At the 20 minute mark add the second tray with bread to the oven and cook for 5 minutes with the tenders.
- Slice chicken on a chopping board.
- To make the open sandwiches, top each slice of Bürgen with mayonnaise, relish, shredded iceberg, diced cucumber and tomatoes, chicken tenders, and a sprinkle of micro radish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Mix it up with these red meat alternatives for a bit of variety:
Feel like experimenting with base options? Check out the Bürgen bread range here.