We love savoury waffles for a hearty brunch! Load waffles with these delicious ingredients and you’ll be set for the day. We love to cook this alfresco on the barbecue but you can also do it over the stove. You can make the waffles ahead of time for a breezy brunch.
- Braun Multiquick 9 Hand Blender
- waffle iron
- Make the waffles: Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in parmesan and mix well.
- In another bowl, use your Braun multiquick 9 hand blender to whisk egg yolks, milk and oil together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- With your Braun multiquick, whisk egg whites until stiff then fold into batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease with oil if necessary.
- Ladle in waffle mix and cook as per iron’s instructions. Set waffles aside.
- Sandwich: Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Liberally drizzle with oil.
- Spread beef patties and bacon on the hot barbecue. Turn after 5 minutes, then cook for another 5 minutes. Remove bacon and finish cooking patties until fully cooked through, about another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle oil over the flat side of the barbecue. Crack eggs on and season with salt and pepper. Add halloumi slices and fry to your liking.
- Load waffles up with mashed avocado, crazy peas, halloumi, a beef patty, bacon and a fried egg. Top with a waffle (for sandwich lovers). Tuck in!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you have limited space in your kitchen, the Braun Multiquick 9 is ideal! We tried and tested it for you so you don’t have to!
If, like some of us at Fresh, you have more of a sweet tooth, try delicious chocolate waffles.