Quick and easy to prepare, this dish will make weekend brunches exciting again.
- 25 g butter softened
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 7 slices Ploughmans Bakery Rustic White bread
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 125 g portobello mushrooms sliced
- 125 g 1 packet Farmland streaky bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 500 ml milk
- 3 Henergy eggs
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- a handful of Superb Herb Basil leaves plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- spinach & cucumber salad
- Heat oven to 180°C bake. Cook the bacon. In a jug, whisk the milk and eggs together, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the butter and garlic together, then use a little to grease a shallow baking dish or tin. Use the rest to butter the bread slices, then cut them in half diagonally.
- Arrange the bread slices, overlapping, in the baking dish. Tuck the bacon, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in around the bread slices.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread (gently push the slices down in the liquid if need be). Leave to stand for 5 mins. Scatter the cheese and basil leaves over the top, then bake for 25–30 minutes until golden and just set. Garnish with extra basil leaves and serve with a spinach & cucumber salad and tomato chutney.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!