This mouth watering pineapple glazed ham will wow everyone that comes your way this NZ summer. And only 5 ingredients.
- 1 cooked smoked bone-in ham (3–4 kg)
- 1 ½ tbsp whole cloves
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cups light-brown sugar
- ¼ cups Dijon mustard
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and all but 5mm fat from ham, then score a diamond pattern into fat. Press in a clove at each diamond point. Place ham in a pan and roast in 180°C oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by bringing pineapple juice, brown sugar, and mustard to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently boil until thickened and reduced by about half. This takes about half an hour.
- Brush ham with glaze and roast for 15 minutes; then repeat, for a total roasting time of 30 minutes. Remove ham from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Discard cloves and carve ham into slices.
- Serve with the leftover pineapple glaze, a colourful salad and pavlova for dessert. Or even better, slice the ham and enjoy between thick, buttered slices of bread. Kiwi as!
Glazed Ham is perfect for Christmas, New Year, Easter and Thanksgiving. A true wow factor meal. Remember to share this online with the hashtag ham glaze recipe nz, i.e. #hamglazerecipenz
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!