- 1 NZ avocado ripe whilst firm, halved and peeled
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 large cucumber peeled in ribbons
- 2 radishes mandolined
- 100 g Aoraki Pohutukawa Hot Smoked Salmon Fillet
- ⅓ cup bocconcini
- Handful of Superb Herb crazy peas
- 2 tbsp Seasons Gourmet vegan chunky dips – basil & cashew with lime
- Edible flowers optional
- Wine match: Blind River Awatere Valley sauvignon blanc
Make avocado rosettes
- Cut avocado in half and peel off the skin. Lay one half of the avocado, cut side down, and slice thinly.
- Fan out avocado slices to make a long line with the slices overlapping each other.
- Starting from one end, curl avocado slices carefully towards the centre. Continue curling until you get a rosette. Repeat. You can make smaller rosettes with half the slices.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the avocado rosettes so they don’t brown.
- Place thinly sliced lemon to the beginning of the wreath. Arrange cucumber peels and radish in a wreath shape on your serving plate or small platter, leaving room for the avocado rosettes.
- Slice your smoked salmon into chunks then add salmon chunks, bocconcini, crazy peas and spoonfuls of pesto to the wreath.
- Carefully transfer the avocado rosettes onto the wreath using a spatula. Sprinkle with salt and add edible flowers.
- Enjoy with glasses of chilled Blind River Awatere Valley sauvignon blanc.
Food wreaths are a great way to mark the occasion on the table. A visual treat to work up an appetite. You may try our lamb sausage roll wreath and our Christmas wreath platter to keep with the theme and cater to all taste buds around the table while composing a diverse menu.