Smoked salmon is always the star of a cocktail party. Here is a simple but stylish salmon canapé recipe using smoked salmon and potato with Wasabi mayo. Brain food!
Ingredients (makes 8)
4 slices smoked salmon
1 large potato (about 200g) — floury variety works better
For the potato
1 tablespoon White vinegar
½ tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of sugar, salt and pepper
For Wasabi mayo
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
Snow pea shoots to garnish
- Peel a potato, cut in pieces and cook in water until soft. Drain and mash.
- Mix dressing for the mashed potato and mix the dressing with mashed potato, and cool.
- When the potato is cool enough, divide the potato into 8 and make them into 1 ½ cm diameter and 3 cm long log logs.
- Cut sliced salmon in half and wrap around the potato logs.
- Mix mayonnaise and wasabi.
- Pipe wasabi mayo attractively on each salmon wrap. Garnish with snow pea shoots and serve.