Perfect for a mid-week dinner guaranteed to please the whole family, these venison meatballs with sticky Asian glaze are easy to prepare yet full of flavour!
- Bring venison to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- For the meatballs: Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Add the venison mince and break up with a wooden spoon. Make sure to work the mixture well so the mince is well coated and the meatballs keep their shape. Roll the mixture into 3cm balls and place on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Set aside.
- For the sticky sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk the sauce ingredients together and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Boil for another minute and remove from the heat.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and coat well. Serve immediately with warm rice, bok choy and sprinkle with spring onions to finish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Use your leftover sauces as a delicious ham glaze.