These venison cocktail meatballs are classy and delicious as festive appetisers. We have different ways to serve them, so choose your favourite or try them all! You can make the meatballs ahead of time and warm them up on Christmas Day. These cocktail meatballs are the perfect appetizer for a large Christmas get-together.
- toothpicks/ little skewers
Venison cocktail meatballs
Serving Italian style
- cherry tomatoes
- Superb Herb basil
- cherry bocconcini
Serving French style
- blue cheese cubed
- pear sliced
- FreshLife silver platter Australian sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Leave for 5 minutes so the breadcrumbs swell.
- Measure out tablespoon amounts then roll into balls and space on the tray. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- For Italian style: add a bocconcini ball, a basil leaf, a tomato and a meatball to each skewer. Buon appetito!
- For French style: add a sultana, a cube of blue cheese, slices of pear and a meatball to each skewer. Bon appetit!
- For Dipping: Pop meatballs on skewers then dip into Seasons Gourmet chunky dips. Yum!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You can use venison as a substitute in all your meatball recipes. For example, they’ll work a treat in this gorgeous Mediterranean dish as mains.