The easiest and tastiest roast lamb you’ll ever try. Sticky, slow-roasted, fall off the bone, melt in the mouth, heavenly lamb. Just throw it into the oven in a casserole dish. You’re going to love it.
- 2 kg Shoulder of NZ lamb about 2kg and not too big for your dish (we love Pure South)
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary we love Superb Herb
- 2 tbsp rosemary infused avocado oil we love Olivado
- 300 ml red wine we love Jacobs Creek Shiraz
- 4-5 cloves of garlic - peeled
- 1 sachet Sweet Slow Cook Sauce we love Lee Kum Kee Classic Honey & Soy Chicken
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 1 bag kale we love The Fresh Grower
- Beer match: Emerson’s Bird Dog IPA
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and prep your lamb. Pop it into the casserole dish and use a sharp knife to cut 7-8 holes in it.
- Break each sprig of rosemary in half and poke into the holes. Drizzle the whole lamb with olive oil, coating the top, then sprinkle liberally with rock salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pour wine into the bottom, throw the garlic cloves in, put the lid on and place into the centre of your oven. After 20 minutes turn oven down to 140°C.
- Leave it alone for 3 hours. Take it out of the oven, remove the lid. Pull out the rosemary and pour your sweet slow cook sauce over the whole shoulder of lamb. Take care to cover as much as you can. Leave the lid off and place back into the oven.
- Turn up the heat of the oven to 180°C. Place sweet potato in the bottom of pot and roast for an hour. Check on it, if it still needs a little crisping, crank up the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes.Take the lamb out and gently transfer onto a plate to rest.
- Serve hot with sweet potato and some fresh kale.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!