Life doesn’t get any better than a Sunday roast meal with the family, then using the leftovers during the week for sandwiches. This is a perfectly easy Rump Roast recipe for the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Mashed potato with thyme leaves
- Winter greens blanched
- 2 sprigs Superb Herb mint
- Turn your slow-cooker on high if using.
- With a sharp knife, make a few slits in the meat and place a halved garlic clove in each. Season with salt.
- Place your vegetables and rosemary into the slow cooker or Instant Pot and add the water.
- Add the rump. Place the lid on the slow cooker, turn the heat setting back to low and cook for 4-5 hours. If using the Instant Pot, set time for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Serve with blanched greens and creamy mashed spud, plus a reduction of the juices from the slow cooker pan (Take 1/2 cup of the juices, add a splash of red wine and bring to the boil in a small frypan, simmer a few minutes until thickened, add a dash of cream and season. Pour over and enjoy)
Tip; Always take your meat out of the fridge well before you are going to cook it, so it gets to room temperature. Resting post cooking is always favorable too.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!