This tempeh coconut curry is another quick go-to if you’re short on time but in need of a flavorsome and wholesome meal. The tempeh is nutty and fulling, an easy protein to keep in the fridge.
- 1 block tempeh cut in strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rewarewa honey
- 2 tbsp Olivado coconut cooking oil
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can Chantal Organics coconut milk
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ bag The Fresh Grower sweet stem broccoli
- 1 orange capscium sliced thinly
- Superb Herb coriander
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- jasmine rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or heavy set pan. Fry the diced onion until translucent. Add ginger and garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the yellow curry paste, coconut milk and stock. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweet stem broccoli and capsicum and simmer for a few minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Take off the heat.
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry tempeh until golden. Add the honey and soy sauce and fry for a further minute.
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- Serve bowls of the coconut curry with tempeh and hot rice. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!