These baked apples are healthy, delicious and an adorable mid winter dessert. They’re stuffed with walnuts and seedless raisins and served with creamy custard. We love to bake with Jazz™ Apples as their sweetness and tanginess are a good contrast to the nutty filling.
- custard optional
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Cut the tops of the apples off then scoop out the middle, making sure to leave the bottoms intact. (You can use a regular spoon for this or a cookie or melon scoop). Place apples in a buttered baking dish.
- In a bowl mix butter, sugar and ground cinnamon until combined. Add remaining filling ingredients (except cinnamon quills, if using) and stir to combine. Spoon filling into apples. If using cinnamon quills then place one inside each apple.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and bake for 45 minutes, until the apples are soft and easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then serve with custard.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!