These delicious barbecue prawns are an easy - and quick - crowd pleaser for al fresco meals. We take them to the next level by pairing them with garlicky roasted tomatoes cooked with Tempus Two prosecco!
- 1 box United Food Co Prawns Butterflied Garlic & Herb 800g
- A handful Italian parsley chopped
- 2 lemons halved
- For the prosecco tomatoes: Place the tomatoes in a skillet. Halve the bulb of garlic across the middle and add to the skillet. Pick the oregano leaves from the stem and add to the tomatoes with the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper. Toss together and arrange in a single layer.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium temperature. Place the skillet with tomatoes on the grill. Cook by shaking the skillet a few times until the tomatoes start to caramelise (10-15 minutes). Add a splash of prosecco, leave on the barbecue for one more minute, then remove from heat.
- Barbecue butterflied prawns: On the hot plate, place the frozen prawns shell side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn over so they are meat side down and cook for a further two minutes, or until the prawn meat has turned completely white. Repeat until all prawns are cooked. Grill the lemons on the hot plate with the prawns.
- Arrange on a large platter and garnish with parsley. Serve hot accompanied by the prosecco tomatoes - and a glass of Tempus Two Prosecco!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
For a flavour twist, try adding some spices and turn them into skewers.