Perfect for this festive season barbecue parties. The beautifully flavoured giant tiger prawns are sure to be a showstopper. Use a small sharp knife to butterfly the prawns, it is a little bit fiddly, but the result is well worth it.
- 24 giant prawns - shell on - butterflied
- ¼ cup Olivado avocado cooking oil
- 1 fresh chilli seeds removed and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 cm cube sized fresh ginger grated
- Sea salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon plus extra wedges to serve
- A handful of Superb Herb coriander leaves finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Butterfly the prawns along the back through the head, leaving connected at the legs. Remove vein and discard.
- Combine the oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, chopped coriander and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Fill the prawns with the marinade.
- Preheat the Barbecue to hot. Place the prawns, shell-side down, and cook for 8 minutes or until just cooked (be careful not to overcook).
- Place the prawns on a platter, scatter over the extra coriander leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Tip: Use a small sharp knife to butterfly the prawns, it is a little bit fiddly, but the result is well worth it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!