Treat Dad with this simple, easy-fix venison stuffed mushrooms for breakfast on Father’s Day this year. Venison mince makes a tasty & sophisticated change from beef.
- 250 g New Zealand farm raised venison mince
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp spice mix we used a smokey bbq rub
- 6 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 50 g butter cubed
- 100 g cheese grated
- Preheat your barbecue.
- In a bowl, mix the venison mince, chopped mushroom stems and spices until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the portobello mushrooms bottom up on the barbecue. Top each with a cube of butter.
- Fill each mushroom with the venison mixture, top with another cube of butter and close your barbecue lid until the mince is cooked through, for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Top each mushroom with grated cheese and cook further for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Enjoy on its own with a simple salad or in a burger.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!