- 2 New Zealand farm raised venison steaks
- Oil of your choice
- BBQ steak seasoning of your choice
- salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs such as basil, mint, dill
- Bloom the meat. Take the steaks out of the package. Pat dry lightly with a paper towel and place on a plate. Leave at room temperature for 10 minutes. This will help to cook evenly.
- Oil and season. Oil the meat well and season with salt & pepper and/or steak rub.
- Cook. Place on hot oiled plate/grill, searing the outside to trap the tasty juices in the meat. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Rest the steaks. Rest the meat for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy. On grilled baguette with fresh tzatziki, tomatoes and herbs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!