Buckwheat galettes ( savoury crepe) are popular in France. You can make the batter the night before, ready to whip up a European-feel holiday brunch.
For the batter
- 200 g FreshLife gluten free buckwheat flour
- 400 ml water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
For the filling
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- Superb Herb chives chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix all galette batter ingredients in a large bowl. The batter should be runny, if not add some more water. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Fry mushrooms in butter until golden and cooked. Stir through chives and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick crêpe pan or fry pan over medium high heat. Brush the pan with melted butter, then pour a ladle of batter in the middle of the pan, tilting the pan to coat the bottom of the pan with batter thinly.
- Cook for 1 minute until just set. Spread a little dijon mustard, then layer with ham. Crack an egg onto the centre, sprinkle over with cheese and continue cooking until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Fold the four edges of the galette up to almost reach the egg yolk. Keep cooking for 1 minute, then brush the edges with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and scatter chopped chives.
- Serve with butter sautéed mushrooms.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!