A tasty Moroccan themed salad that pairs well with koftas, chicken, or falafel. It’s fast and easy to make and will surely be a winner for your dinner or lunch guests.
- 1 packet 200g Diamond Couscous, Moroccan
- 1 cup water boiling
- ¼ cup orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 5 FreshLife Medjool Dates roughly chopped, stone discarded
- ? cup FreshLife Natural Almonds chopped and lightly toasted
- ½ cup Superb Herb Mint roughly chopped
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chickpeas 400g rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion chopped finely
- 100 g spiralized beetroot and carrot
- 100 g baby spinach
- 3 tbsp Olivado avocado and garlic oil
- Pour couscous and the flavouring into a medium sized heatproof bowl. Add boiling water, orange zest and juice. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl until just combined.
- Serve couscous salad with koftas and hummus to complete this meal. Sprinkle Italian parsley leaves on top. Drizzle olivado avocado & garlic oil. Season with salt, pepper and dukkah.
Tip: If preparing this meal for lunch at work, place hummus on the bottom of your lunch box, followed by couscous, then the other salad ingredients, koftas, then Italian parsley. Keep the oil separately and add to the salad when you're ready to eat. This will stop the salad wilting.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!