We love entertaining and these pesto twists are the perfect addition to any party platter. Swap the filling and experiment with sweet spreads for a fun twist on these twists!
- In a blender, add the FreshLife walnuts, cashews, parmesan cheese, Superb Herb basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blitz for 30 seconds scraping down the sides for an even mix. Add a splash of olive oil & blitz again. Set aside.
- Roll out one sheet of pastry on a clean surface. Spread the pesto all over leaving a small gap around the edges. Sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese. Place the other sheet of pastry on top.
- Using a sharp knife, cut vertical strips. Pinch the ends together and twist.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven & cook to the instructions of the pastry packet.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes at 190 °C until golden brown.
- Serve on their own or with your favourite dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!