This Moroccan dish brings an exotic flavour to your classic chicken stew, with bursts of sweetness from NZ grown dried apricots. Heart-warming and delicious!
- 1 tbsp Olivado Olive Oil
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500 g Waitoa Free Range Boneless Chicken Thighs diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes 1 tin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 120 g Alison’s Pantry dried apricots halved
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 cup Superb Herb Fresh Coriander roughly chopped
- sliced almonds and coriander to garnish
- In a large pan or tagine, heat the oil over medium heat and soften the onions until translucent. Add the minced garlic, ginger and spices, stirring through until fragrant.
- Add diced chicken to the tagine and fry until browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock stock, apricots, olives and honey and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Once cooked stir through the cooked couscous and garnish with sliced almonds and coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!