Tangy dressing and sweet tomatoes make this Lotato salad next level – great with cold meats, BBQ dishes or add some tuna for a lower carb lunch.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp DYC White Vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 lemon grated rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- In a large pot, place potatoes. Pour enough water to just cover the potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of the vinegar to the pot and bring to a boil. The vinegar in the cooking water keeps the potatoes firm on the outside and soft on the inside, so retaining their shape without affecting the flavour.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. Drain. While hot, sprinkle a little salt, black pepper, and the remaining 1 tsp of vinegar over the potatoes. Let cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- On a platter or bowl arrange a layer of cooled Lotatoes, drizzle with dressing and add a layer of sliced tomatoes and beans. Repeat, layering until all the vegetables have been used. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with parsley and keep refrigerated until required. Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
Potato skin contains valuable nutrients including potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamins and fibre which keeps you feeling fuller for longer; so we leave the skins on our Lotatoes when making this dish for maximum nutritional punch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!