For fluffy and crispy Potatoes make our perfect roast potatoes. We used Lotatoes which are lower carb and lower calorie potato. Cooked with malt vinegar and fresh herbs, they’ll surely be a favourite!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil into two baking dishes and place in the oven to heat up.
- Parboil the Lotatoes in a large pot of boiling water with stock, for 10 minutes,or until the top 5mm of the Lotatoes are soft. Drain and return to the pot. Fluff with a fork or give the pot a good shake. Toss Lotatoes in semolina and carefully place in the hot oven trays. Drizzle with extra oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add DYC malt vinegar, a tablespoon of olive oil, herbs and garlic cloves to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Once the Lotatoes have been baking for 30 minutes, remove from the oven. Use a potato masher to squash them a little (for extra surface area and delicious crunch), then pour malt vinegar mix over the Lotatoes. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes, or until golden crispy and cooked.
- Spritz with DYC malt vinegar for extra flavour and serve whilst hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!