This tasty vegetarian side dish is a yummy twist on an often avoided vegetable, cauliflower. Kids will love these cute, crumbed, white trees.
- 1 cauliflower about 450 g
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the boiling water together with the sugar, return to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, for 5–8 minutes until just tender.
- Drain very well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Dip the cauliflower florets first in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs, then sauté for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately with aoli dressing as a dip or a squeeze of lemon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!