Feijoada is a very popular stew of beans with beef and pork. The stew has lots of variations in several different countries but Brazilians make it superb with spicy & smoky sausages and always lovely black beans! This is an ultimate comforting dinner during the chilly season.
- 500 g pork leg cut into chunks
- 500 g beef brisket cut into chunks
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 100 g free range streaky bacon sliced
- 3 chorizo sausages sliced
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp DYC White Wine Vinegar
- 1 can Chantal Organics chopped tomatoes 400g
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 can Chantal Organics black beans 400g, drained
- A handful Superb Herb coriander
- 2 mini capsicums sliced
- 1 orange cut into quarters
- Superb Herb coriander leaves
- cooked white rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the pork and beef all over and transfer to the slow cooker pot.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until translucent. Place in the slow cooker pot over meat.
- Add bacon, chorizo, chilli, orange juice and zest, vinegar, tomatoes, bay leaves and stock into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3–4 hours or low for 4–5 hours.
- Mix black beans in the pot and season to taste. Cook for a further 30 minutes–1 hour.
- Serve over steamed white rice garnished with coriander. Squeeze orange over the top just before eating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!