Soft and fluffy cornbread with a kick! Delicious served warm with butter and your favourite chutney.
- 1 ½ cup FreshLife cornmeal flour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Tatua sour cream
- ½ tin sweetcorn cream style 200g
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Golden Sun Sliced Jalapeño Peppers chopped
- 6 slices Golden Sun Sliced Jalapeño Peppers to decorate
- Butter and chutney to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line or oil a 6-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, sweetcorn, olive oil, cheese and chopped jalapeños.
- Mix cornmeal flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients. Fold until well combined.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared tin. Top with extra jalapeño peppers and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before serving warm with butter and chutney.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
These muffins work well as a side too.