Easy peasy wholesome pea and ham soup perfect for dinner on a chilly winter night.
- slow cooker
- 1 tbsp King Pea and Ham Flavoured Soup Mix
- sour cream
- Italian parsley
- Add 6 cups of boiling water to the slow cooker bowl, stir in most of the contents of packet, reserving a tablespoon of soup mix.
- Add the bacon hock. Cook on LOW setting for 6 - 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bacon hock, discard the bone, fat and skin. Shred the meat and add back to the soup.
- Pan fry the reserved soup mix in a dry frying pan.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, crispy soup mix bits and fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Pre-soak the ham hock for a few hours to remove some of the salt
- Double the soup mix if you prefer a thicker consistency
- Bulk it up with veggies for a fuller meal like we did here