So easy to put together! These crunchy apple tartelletes only take minutes to prepare and are perfect if you need a last-minute dessert or want to get the kids to make something.
- thyme leaves optional
- Kapiti vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Spray with oil.
- Core and thinly slice the apples (unpeeled). Squeeze lemon juice all over, set aside.
- Cut out four 10x15cm rectangle pastry sheets.
- Squeeze honey onto the baking sheet where the apples slices are to be placed (approx. 1 tbsp for each tart). Arrange 7-8 slices of Jazz apple in a single layer on the bed of honey, overlapping the slices slightly. Drizzle the apple slices with more honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover the apple clusters with the pastry pieces. Gently press the edges down to tuck the apple slices in and form the tarts. Brush the pastry with egg then poke several holes with a fork.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
- Turn the tarts over with a spatula, drizzle with more honey, add a sprig of thyme and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!