Use fresh seasonal courgettes for this ultimate summer walnut tart. It’s healthy, gluten free and delicious!
Walnut tart base: gluten free
- Make the pastry: Process walnut pieces in a blender. Add buckwheat and rice flour and blend to combine. In a small jug, mix the egg, olive oil and 2 tbsp water. With the blender running, add the egg mixture gradually. Add more water if the mixture is too dry.
- Tip the pastry mixture on a floured board and make it into a ball with your hands. Knead until smooth, then wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Press into a greased tart base and chill again, covered for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Filling: place the courgette ribbons in a large bowl. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil and freshly ground pepper. Stir in thyme leaves. In a separate bowl, combine the mascarpone and eggs, season with pepper.
- Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork, then spread the egg mixture and scatter half the blue cheese crumbled all over. Top with courgette mixture, rest of the blue cheese, sage and walnut halves. Bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes, until the courgettes are starting to get golden.
- Serve garnished with more sage and a drizzle of honey.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!