This decadent blueberry tiramisu is perfect for the whole family, as it doesn't contain caffeine. It’s a show-stopping dessert that you can make ahead of time. Caramelising the nuts adds texture and ultra deliciousness.
- For the nuts: line a tray with baking paper. Toast the nuts in a nonstick frying pan until golden, remove from the frying pan and set aside. Add 100g of caster sugar to the clean nonstick frying pan and let melt and caramelise until golden for 1-2 minutes.Be careful not to burn it. Return nuts to the pan and stir to cover. Pour out onto the lined tray and let cool. Once cool, break into shards, reserving some for garnish. Blitz the rest to a rough crumb in a blender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks, mascarpone and remaining 100g of sugar to your mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Gently fold in egg whites, lime zest and chopped mint.
- Bash or break the lady finger biscuits into small pieces.
- To assemble: to a clear glass add a layer of lady fingers, drizzle with sweet blueberry sauce, top with blueberries, a layer of mascarpone mix, then a sprinkling of nuts. Repeat again to fill the glass, then garnish with fresh mint leaves, blueberries and a shard of caramelised nuts. Repeat with remaining dessert glasses then serve or keep in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!