This plant-based roast beetroot salad is perfect for a festive occasion. Follow our Handee Hack to make this even easier.
- 2 tbsp DYC white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a Handee Paper towel on a chopping board and cut beetroot into halves, then add into a deep baking tray. Drizzle a good amount of oil over the beetroot, then pour water to 3cm deep. Cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ hours, or until the beetroots are cooked through.
- When the beetroot have 30 minutes to go, place onion wedges on another tray, drizzle with olive oil then roast for 30 minutes.
- Blitz vinaigrette in a blender until combined. Pour into a small bowl.
- Remove the beets out of the tray and leave until cool enough to handle.
- When the beetroot is cool enough to handle, rub off the skins using a sheet of Handee paper towel, then cut into wedges. Set aside.
- Arrange herbs, beetroot, and onions around the vinaigrette in a wreath shape. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!