A true salmon surprise! You will love this salmon, avocado, egg, herb, bread goodness.
- Grease ramekins or small dome shaped bowls with avocado oil.
- Line each ramekin or bowl with smoked salmon slices, ensuring that the entirety of the bowl is covered by the salmon.
- Poach the eggs using the plastic wrap method; grease sheets of plastic wrap, then lay over a small teacup. Crack the egg into the cup, the bring the corners together and tie the wrap into a knot. Poach in boiling water for 4 minutes then set aside.
- Unwrap the poached eggs, then gently lay into the salmon bowl, making sure not to break the egg.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado, then stir in the creme fraiche, chopped cress, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Scoop or spoon the avocado mixture over the eggs, and use a spoon to spread and press into the moulds.
- Cut a round of toasted bread to the same size of the bowl, and press onto the avocado.
- Turn out onto a plate, season and sprinkle with zest or drizzle with avocado oil if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!