A salmon platter is always a Christmas favourite. Use an entire smoked side of salmon for a simple yet impressive centre-piece.
- 1 Whole side of Aoraki Pohutukawa Hot Smoked Salmon
- 1 cup Superb Herb dill to garnish
- 1 pottle of Seasons Gourmet vegan basil pesto with roasted pine nuts
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 pottle of capers or caperberries
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- Pottle of cream cheese
- 6 soft boiled eggs peeled and halved
- Bunch of radishes halved
- Slices of rye or sourdough bread
- Wine match: Blind River Awatere Valley sauvignon blanc
- Place salmon side on a large platter or a serving board.
- Dot pottles of pesto around the platter, then place cucumber, capers, lemon wedges, radishes and bread around the platter in an attractive way.
- Garnish the salmon with fresh dill and capers.
- Enjoy with glasses of chilled Blind River Awatere Valley sauvignon blanc.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Smoked salmon is a real treat in any dish. You can fine tune the condiments in our fettuccine recipe to highlight the notes of pohutukawa smoke in this salmon.