A classic combo of pineapple and ham with a contemporary twist for your festive table.
For the Glaze
- ¾ cup Reserved pineapple juice made up to 3/4 cup with orange juice
- 2 oranges zest
- ½ cup bourbon or rum
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup honey
- 1 ½ cm piece of ginger sliced
- A few whole cloves
- Pomegranate arils and fresh herbs to garnish (optional)
- Pineapple bourbon and honey glaze: Place all glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes to reduce until the glaze is thickened - it should coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Score the surface of the ham lightly.
- Spread two cups of the chopped pineapple in the bottom of a small roasting pan. Drizzle a little glaze over the pineapple pieces, then nestle the ham on the pineapple. Place some thinly sliced pineapple on the ham, securing each piece with a clove. Brush generously with glaze and bake according to ham instructions. Brush again with glaze 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Serve the ham warm on a bed of roasted pineapple with extra glaze for drizzling.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Not a fan of honey? Try one of four glazes for your ham.